Tuesday 23 April 2013

Untried Polish Challenge - Number 2 Oldest

I gave my nails the morning off from polish and decided to torture them with my oldest unused next. I am doing them terribly out of order, but as I was going though all my unused polishes I found a very sad looking bottle of gold that I got a few years ago and never tried it because I have so many other gold nail polishes. It  amazingly had not separated even after all this time, but once I started putting it on I was slightly disappointed in how thin it was. I ended up having to put four coats on my nails to get it to look gold and as you can see it didn't even cover that well with that. I am going to blame this on age rather than on the polish but it was spread weird and I got little bumps and ripples over my nails which you can only partly see in the pictures. 

 Pre-cleanup LÒreal Paris - Jet lag
 
Right hand and left hand.
It also came out very yellow/gold, I probably won't be getting another one of these since I am very happy with my gold from GOSH.   
I would say I won`t be using even this bottle again, I may end up trading it to Zoya for their earth day polish exchange that goes until the 26th. Also getting 50% off an order can`t hurt since I have not yet tried their polishes.


These are the other lovely ladies who are doing the Challenge.
 Jonochi at Just Add Polish
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Patricia at Polished and Glittered
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
 If you would like to join in on this challenge check out Just Add Polish for all the rules and information.

- Anna

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the microbeads - don't think I'd have the patience for that, but it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually doesn't take too long once you get started :)Thank you!

      Delete